The asbestos standard in general industry (OSHA 29 CFR 1926.1101) requires building owners and employers to provide an asbestos awareness training course for employees who perform housekeeping operations in areas where an asbestos-containing material (ACM) or presumed asbestos-containing material (PACM) is present.The elements of the course must include:
- The health effects of asbestos
- The proper response to fiber release episodes
- Inform employers of employees who will perform housekeeping activities in areas which contain ACM and/or PACM of the presence and location of ACM and/or PACM.
- Training must be held annually and conducted so that all employees understand it.
- Types and properties of asbestos
- Health effects of asbestos
- Uses of asbestos
- The proper response to fiber release
- General asbestos rule requirements
Asbestos and Lead
Health and Safety
- Accident Prevention Program
- Accident Prevention Program Implementation
- Preliminary Comprehensive Assessment